This super simple vegan ricotta is so amazing. In my opinion, it's even better than dairy ricotta. Best of all, it comes together in just five minutes!
- 120 g blanched almonds (chopped)
- .5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp salt
- If your almonds aren't already chopped, chop them into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients to blender with ¼ cup water.
- Blend 15-30 seconds, while everything starts to break down.
- Scrape down sides of blender and add another ¼ cup water.
- Blend until everything starts to become smooth and incorporated, and no large pieces of almond remain. You may need to add another ½-1 tbsp of water, taking care not to make it too liquid-y.
- Once everything is well-mixed, your ricotta is ready to enjoy as a spread or in another recipe!
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker's Whipped Almond Ricotta.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Snack
- Cuisine: Australian
- Calories: 183
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 6.5
- Protein: 8.4
Keywords: cheese, ricotta, vegan