These blended overnight oats are amazing! Whip them up in the evening, let them sit overnight, and you've got an easy healthy breakfast the next morning. This delicious breakfast will keep you full and it tastes like dessert!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 ripe banana, see notes for alternative
- 1 tablespoon syrup/sugar (optional)
- See notes for flavour variations
- Add the oats, milk, banana to blender. Add the optional syrup/sugar if you like your oats sweeter. Blend all ingredients until everything is well-incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the oat mixture into a small bowl, sealable container, mason jar or Tupperware. Cover and refrigerate overnight, for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning/once the oats are set, remove from fridge and top them with whatever additional toppings you like! See suggestions above.
- If you make a big batch or have leftovers, you can keep these covered in the fridge and enjoy them for up to 4 days later.
*Nutrition calculated without additional toppings
If you don't like banana, swap it for 1/4 cup of plain yoghurt or vegan yoghurt. Note that you might need extra sweetness if swapping banana for yoghurt as you'll be missing out on the natural sugars provided by the fruit.
Berry Vanilla: In Step 1, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla in the blender with the oats, milk, banana and optional syrup/sugar. Before Step 2, stir 1/4 cup of frozen or fresh berries into the mixture. Continue with Steps 2 & 3 as written.
Chocolate Peanut Butter: In Step 1, add 1 Tablespoon of cocoa or cacao powder to the blender with the oats, milk banana and optional syrup/sugar. In Step 2, dollop one Tablespoon of peanut butter (crunchy or creamy) on top of the oats before covering. Continue with Steps 2 and 3 as written.
Brownie Batter: In Step 1, add 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder and a pinch of salt to the blender with the oats, milk, banana and optional syrup/sugar. Continue with the rest of the recipe as written.
Chocolate Chip Blended Oats: Follow Step 1 as written. In Step 2, stir 1 Tablespoon of chocolate chips into the oat mixture before covering. Continue with Steps 2 and 3 as written.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Overnight
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: brownie batter, oatmeal, oats, overnight oats