Fig syrup that’s perfectly spiced and sweet. Great for adding to your favourite cocktails for extra depth and a bit of autumnal flavour.
- 1 cup sugar (250ml)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anises
- Rind of one orange, pith removed
- 250 g dried figs, sliced in half
- Heat water until boiling.
- Pour in the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Add spices, orange rind, and figs and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain into a jar, let cool completely and refrigerate.
For a more flavourful syrup, continue to simmer longer.
This simple syrup will stay good in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: simple syrup, fig, fig simple syrup, cocktails