A simple tomato basil salad gets taken to the next level with a splash of sherry vinegar. It’s fresh, easy, and the perfect quick, healthy side dish.
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon high quality olive oil, such as Red Island (not sponsored, just obsessed)
- 1-2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- flaky sea salt, to taste
- Slice the tomato into thin rounds. Arrange neatly on a plate in a single layer.
- Finely chop the garlic and basil. Set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil and sherry vinegar over sliced tomatoes.
- Using your hands, sprinkle the chopped garlic and basil evenly over the sliced tomatoes. Finish it with flaky sea salt to taste.
This salad is best eaten immediately, but will last in the fridge for up to 2 days. Store leftovers in an airtight container, but be warned: the salad will get more liquid-y as the tomatoes release their juices.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Quick & Easy
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: simple tomato basil salad, tomato basil salad, tomato salad, simple tomato salad