This is a recipe for simple, vegan yoghurt that can be made without a starter. If you're looking for a high-protein yoghurt option, then this is for you! Rich, creamy, and so much cheaper (and tastier) than store-bought soy yoghurt. You're going to love it.
- 1 litre soy milk (at least (14% soy))
- 1/3 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar/ sweetner (optional)
- Remove the yogurt container from your yoghurt maker. For Easiyo, this looks like a plastic jar.
- Sterilise your yoghurt container by rinsing it with boiling water.
- Add soy milk, coconut yoghurt, and sugar (if using) into the yogurt container. Mix well, and put the lid on.
- Follow your yoghurt maker's instructions to complete the yogurt. If you're using Easiyo, you'll fill the capsule above the fill line, place the container inside, and shut the capsule. Let the yoghurt sit overnight for up to 14 hours.
- Depending on your yogurt maker, the time may vary. You'll know your yoghurt is ready when it's thickened and creamy. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from @naturally_nina_.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Australian
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 5.9
- Carbohydrates: 16.7
- Protein: 8.6
Keywords: soy yogurt, yogurt