This basic avocado toast hits the spot every time. Mashed avocado atop a sturdy base of good bread - this is hands-down the best avocado toast recipe.
- 2 slices good bread, preferably sourdough
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 squeeze lemon juice, to taste
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch red chilli/red pepper flakes
- Toast the sourdough until golden brown.
- While the sourdough is toasting, mash the avocado using a fork. We usually just mash it straight in its skin, but if you prefer, you can scoop out the avocado and mash it in a bowl.
- Remove the bread from the toaster and lightly drizzle it with olive oil.
- Top the oiled toast with smashed avocado.
- Squeeze lemon juice on top, and finish with sea salt, chilli flakes and any additional toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Australian
Keywords: avocado, breakfast, toast, vegan