This Biscoff Banana porridge is all of my breakfast dreams, realised.
Slightly sweet, cinnamon-y, generally healthy and something that will keep me full until lunch. Seriously, what more could you want.
What You'll Need to Make This Dreamy Porridge
- Oats: I prefer old-fashioned rolled oats, but you can use quick oats or steel cut if you prefer, just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Chia seeds: As a vegan, incorporating chia seeds into my diet is a 10/10 way to get those omegas in. I use a pretty generous amount, which results in a super thick porridge. I you like yours more runny, use less chia seeds or more liquid. The ol' balancing act, eh?
- Water: I typically use water to make my oats, because honestly I can't really taste a difference whether I use almond milk or not. If you prefer, by all means use milk instead, but water will do the trick.
- Banana: The prime porridge topping, if I do say so myself. If you hate banana, use another fruit. I think apple would pair nicely with Biscoff- or maybe some berries!
- Lotus Biscoff spread: If you've never been introduced to biscoff before, allow me to change your world. It's basically a cookies in peanut butter form. Amazing, no?
What Does Biscoff Taste Like?
If you've tried biscoff cookies, then you'll know the taste. To make a comparison, they're almost like less-spicy gingersnaps. Now imagine that flavour, but with a peanut butter texture. If you've tried Trader Joe's cookie butter, this is almost exactly the same (from what I remember).
Regardless of what I say, I don't think I can do the flavour justice, so I highly recommend you go out there and try it for yourself.
Of course, it's not the healthiest ingredient, but sometimes you deserve a treat! After all, a bit of sugar in a bowl of nutritious brekkie once in a while likely won't be the worst thing in the world for your health. Just keep the amount you use in moderation, and you'll still have a pretty well-rounded breakfast bowl.
What I Love About This Banana Biscoff Porridge
- All the flavours work so well together
- It tastes like autumn in a bowl
- It's a fun take on your regular breakfast
- You can satisfy your biscoff cravings in a semi-healthy way
Have I convinced you yet? Let's give it a go!Print