This easy fresh papaya smoothie is super refreshing drink to hydrate you on a warm day.
With only four ingredients, this is a super-easy option to blend up for a snack or to serve alongside a meal.
Papaya Smoothie Ingredients
- Coconut water: I think coconut water is the perfect liquid for a papaya smoothie. Not only does it add a tropical flavour, but it's also light enough that it pairs well with the papaya.
- Papaya: I like to use fresh, red papaya in this recipe. Make sure it's ripe enough, or you'll miss out on the sweet flavour of this tropical fruit.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds a slight sourness to this smoothie. You can also use lime juice if you prefer, adding more or less as you like.
- Coconut sugar: I added a little sprinkle of coconut sugar into this smoothie to bring out the papaya's sweetness. You may or may not need this, depending on how ripe your fruit is. Start with a small amount and add more as needed. You could also use honey, maple, or agave syrup instead.
Papaya Health Benefits
In addition to tasting amazing, this fresh papaya smoothie is also great for you thanks to impressive nutritional profile of this tropical fruit.
Because it is high in fibre and low in calories, papaya is a great fruit for anyone who's trying to shed a few pounds. According to Everyday Health, papayas also have a huge range of health benefits thanks to the nutrients they contain.
- Vitamin C: Boosts immune system, helps blood flow
- Papain: An enzyme that fights inflammation
- Vitamin E: Supports heart and eye health
If you love this smoothie, here are a few more that you might want to check out too: