These strawberry chocolate chip baked oats are nothing short of amazing! The sweet juicy strawberries paired with melty chocolate chips… so good.
These oats are:
- Topped with gooey strawberries
- A little bit chocolate-y
- Easy to make
Baked Oats Equipment Essentials
I’ve made tons of baked oats by now, and I highly suggest you do the same! This breakfast never fails to impress me, and let’s be honest: Oats are just much more fun this way.
Before you pop ‘em in the oven, though, there are a few essential items you need beforehand.
- Blender: To make the cake-like, you’re going to want to blend everything until it’s nice and smooth. I like to use a Nutribullet for this, since the cleanup is super easy. Any blender will work well though!
- Oven-proof ramekin: An oven-proof ramekin is essential for baked oats. You can’t just put any old bowl in the oven, it could end very badly. The ramekins I use are 350ml from Benzer and they work like a charm.
What You Need to Make These Strawberry Chocolate Chip Baked Oats
- Egg replacer or flax egg: I use McKenzie’s Vegan Egg Replacer in all of my baked oats and it never fails! You can also use a flax egg or chia egg. (Normal eggs work too, if you're not vegan.)
- Banana: The riper the better! Banana adds great texture to these oats too. You can swap it out for yogurt, though, if you don't like it.
- Oats: I use rolled oats for all of my baked oats recipes. Let me know if you try with steel cut oats, I'm curious to know whether it would work the same way...
- Sweetener: In these oats I used monk fruit sweetener. You can use any sweetener you like. Oftentimes, I'll use maple syrup, which is especially good to add another hint of flavour.
- Dairy free milk: Any dairy free milk works. I usually use soy in this, but you can choose whatever you prefer.
- Vegan protein powder: I used Macro Mike's Hawaiian Salted Vanilla protein for this, and the taste was amazing! If you don't have any protein powder, just add 2 tablespoon extra oats to the blender.
- Baking powder: Helps it rise!
- Sea salt: If you want to add it, a pinch of salt can really open up the other flavours. It won't make a big difference if you leave it out though.
- Chocolate chips: I used Noshu Baking Chips for this, since they're vegan-friendly. Any chocolate chips will do. Of course, you can leave them out, but why would you?
- Frozen strawberries: A few frozen strawberries finishes these oats off nicely. They become slightly melty and soft while the oats bake, and it tastes so good contrasted with the fluffy oats.
Now onto the recipe!Print
Like this recipe? You'll also love: