I know I say this about every recipe, but this single serve cinnamon roll is really amazing. Unlike regular cinnamon rolls which require a lot of prep, this one is super-easy to make on a weekend morning. Plus, you don't need to make a whole batch to satisfy your craving.
If you've ever tried to make cinnamon rolls, you likely know just how complicated they can be. Traditional recipes often require complex and time-consuming steps (scalding milk, letting yeast rise). This, however, is the exception.
While it's not exactly a quick recipe, this single serve cinnamon roll is undeniably easy. The hardest part of the entire process would be kneading the dough, as it can be quite sticky at first. Just set aside some extra flour to add to the mix, though, and you'll be fine. And once you taste this cinnamon roll, you'll be better than fine. I promise.
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
Not including the icing, this cinnamon roll only requires 5 basic ingredients. Pretty magical, no?
What you'll need:
- Self-rising flour: It's important to make sure you use self-rising flour to ensure that your roll will in fact rise and become puffy like the one pictured. I've only tried with white flour, but let me know how it turns out if you try wheat flour!
- Coconut yogurt: I used a plain coconut yogurt here, as the cinnamon roll is definitely sweet enough on its own. If you do use a flavoured yogurt (like vanilla), consider cutting back on the sugar a little - otherwise it may be sickly sweet.
- Vegan butter: Any vegan butter will work, but a spreadable one will probably make things easier for you. I used Nuttelex buttery, and it was the perfect texture/flavour for this recipe.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar adds a nice caramelised flavour the cinnamon rolls. Feel free to swap it out for coconut sugar if you prefer.
- Cinnamon: Of course, cinnamon rolls require cinnamon. The more, the merrier!
The icing for this cinnamon roll is super-simple. I recommend waiting until the cinnamon roll is out of the oven to mix it up, otherwise it can start to harden a bit. All you need is:
- Powdered sugar
- Almond milk (or other liquid of choice)
Love this recipe? I think you might also like: