Vegan pumpkin overnight oats: Sweet, creamy, and perfectly pumpkin-y. The perfect grab-and-go breakfast that’s easy to prepare the night before.
It’s pumpkin season, baby! Well, in a sense it is.
Here in Australia, pumpkin is a year-round veggie, but it’s hard to ignore the influence of our Northern Hemisphere counterparts. So, alas, pumpkin recipes it is!
I would be lying if I said that pumpkin pie has ever been my first pick. No, I’d much prefer a nice slice of cake. Or maybe a fruit-filled pie, or summery cobbler. However, I do see the appeal. And while I may not love pumpkin pie itself, I do have an affinity for pumpkin flavoured things this time of year.
Call me basic, but it’s hard not to want to make everything pumpkin spice flavoured in October.
Hence, these vegan pumpkin overnight oats were born. Rather than using coconut yogurt for these overnight oats, I swapped it out for pumpkin puree instead.
The result? Amazing.
In fact, I think I like these oats better than actual pumpkin pie. I don’t care if that makes me sound crazy, you guys already know about my oatmeal obsession.
If you’re a fan of pumpkin, overnight oats, or both, definitely give these a try. They’re easy to make, taste amazing chilled, and a great way to sneak in a little extra veg — who doesn’t want that?!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Oats: I used Power Porridj for added nutrition 💪, but your everyday oats would work just as well
- Dairy-free milk: I chose oat, but any kind will work
- Pumpkin puree: I made it myself by steaming pumpkin, but canned pumpkin works too
- Sweetener: Maple, coconut sugar, or honey (if you eat it) is perfect here
- Chia seeds: If you don’t have chia seeds, you can use ground flax meal, but the oats won’t be as thick
- Vanilla: Optional, but adds amazing flavour
- Cinnamon: Swap for pumpkin pie spice if you have it, or half the amount of allspice
- Sea salt: Just a pinch adds a lot of dimension
- Nut butter: This is an optional add-on at the end, but I think it takes it to a whole new level (I’m biased though because I adore anything peanut butter)
If you like these overnight oats, you'll also love: