Trust me, this vegan chocolate strawberry mousse is a must-make. Not only is it vegan, but with avocado as a base ingredient, it’s also a super healthy dessert.
I know it sounds weird, but I promise. You can’t even taste the avocado.
In this recipe, I’ve paired the rich chocolate mousse with a strawberry chia jam for the perfect balance of flavours. This mousse is:
- Super creamy
- Light and airy
- Not like avocado at all!
Wait, Why Does This Mousse Contain Avocado?
I know it sounds weird, but when you blend ripe avocado in this recipe, it becomes light and airy just like your favourite chocolate mousse. When combined with the other ingredients, the avocado flavour is completely masked, making for the perfect texture and taste.
Of course, there are also many health benefits, that make avocado an even more perfect choice for this recipe. According to Healthline, avocado:
- Can lower cholesterol
- May help you absorb nutrients (thanks to the fat)
- Can protect your eyes
- May relieve arthritis symptoms
- Can contribute to weight loss
What You Need to Make this Chocolate Strawberry Mousse
Another great thing about this vegan chocolate strawberry mousse is that it’s super simple to make. Just throw everything in a blender, layer it up, and you’re good to go!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Avocado: Choose ones that are soft and ripe to ensure they blend well
- Cacao powder: Either cacao or cocoa will work
- Maple syrup: I love the flavour that maple adds in addition to sweetness, but any sweetener would work well here
- Almond milk: A splash of almond milk helps this blend smoothly
- Strawberry chia jam: I layered the chocolate mousse with my own strawberry chia jam recipe. If you don’t want the strawberry element, leave it out. For an easier option, use store-bought jam instead.
- Freeze-dried strawberries: These give the dessert such a cute final touch, perfect if you’re making this mousse for a special occasion
If you try this, please leave a review! I'd love to hear your feedback!
Like this? You'll also love: