This rainbow nourish bowl is a delicious healthy — and might I add beautiful — lunch or dinner.
With plenty of veg, some hummus, and healthy fats from olive oil and sunflower seeds, this plant-based meal will leave you feeling satisfied all afternoon long.
This nourish bowl is:
- Easy to make
- A great lunch to make the night before
- Chock-full of veggies
What Is a Nourish Bowl?
Maple and Mango sums it up perfectly: “A nourish bowl is a well balanced, healthy meal containing a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients (veggies, healthy fats, quality proteins and carbs).”
Nourish bowls go by many names. You may have seen them called:
- Buddha bowls
- Power bowls
- Grain bowls
- Macro bowls
- Hippie bowls
Whatever you want to call it, the concept is the same: A lot of good stuff in one big bowl. An over-the-top salad, you might say. No matter which terminology you prefer, there's no denying that this rainbow nourish bowl is delicious.
What You Need to Make It
- Your favourite greens: Greens are the base for this nourish bowl. You could use spinach, rocket, kale or lettuce (I used dinosaur kale).
- Carrot: Ribboned with a veggie peeler, or shredded with a cheese grater
- Pan-fried zucchini: Pan-frying the zucchini slices in a bit of soy sauce before adding them to your nourish bowl adds a wonderful salty flavour
- Tomatoes: A few tomato slices or cherry tomatoes
- Edamame: Frozen or canned edamame (shelled) is the perfect protein source for this lunch
- Hummus: A dollop of your favourite hummus for flavour
- Olive oil: Drizzle a bit of high-quality olive oil over the top of this bowl as a delicious and healthy dressing
- Sunflower seeds: A few seeds on top add texture and extra nutrients
Like this recipe? Check out: