If you love PB&J, you're about to be obsessed with this vegan peanut butter and jelly baked oatmeal.
- Taste like dessert for breakfast
- Contain only plant-based ingredients
- Contain 17g plant protein
- Fulfil your wildest peanut butter and jelly dreams
How Do You Make Baked Oatmeal?
If you've visited my blog before, you've probably noticed that I'm obsessed with baked oats lately. Though I'll admit it does look like a fancy breakfast, baked oatmeal is actually super easy to make. You simply blend the ingredients together, add whatever fillings and toppings your heart desires, bake, and enjoy.
The hardest part for me is waiting for them to be ready...
Ingredients for Peanut Butter and Jelly Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan egg: You can use egg replacer (my favourite) or a flax egg. If you eat eggs normally anyway, fell free to do that instead.
- Coconut yogurt: I use Co Yo's natural coconut yogurt. Any brand of plain or vanilla coconut yogurt would work too.
- Oats: Rolled or quick oats, either works.
- Maple syrup: I use pure maple syrup, but you could swap it out for honey or agave. If you don't have any of those, granulated brown sugar, coconut sugar or monk fruit should do the trick too.
- Dairy free milk: I used almond milk, but any kind would work.
- Powdered peanut butter: I love the texture and flavour that PB2 brings to this recipe. If you don't have it, you can use regular peanut butter instead, but just be aware that it will change the nutritional information.
- Baking powder: This is what will give it a cake-like texture.
- Sea salt: Just a pinch is perfect to contrast the sweetness
- Jam: To keep it classic, I recommend filling these baked oats with strawberry or grape jam. I choose strawberry, but pick your favourite!
- Frozen strawberries: I topped my oats off with a few slices of frozen strawberries. Not only do they look pretty, but they add a little more flavour to the oats.
Love this idea? You might also like:
If you try this recipe, please give a rating and comments down below. I'd love to hear what you thought!